Gluent Data Platform Pilot
Is Gluent's Unique Approach to Data Virtualization Too Good to be True?
Let's Find Out!
Gluent has a defined pilot process to quickly demonstrate the performance and cost-saving benefits of transparent data virtualization on your data with your specific use cases. Upon successful completion, we will provide you a roadmap of how Gluent Data Platform is superior to traditional cloud migration services and maximizes the cloud data storage solutions for your production workloads.
What to Expect
Use Case Definition
Upfront, Gluent will partner with you to document your use case(s), which will be the over-arching guide for the pilot.
Typical use cases include infrastructure savings through data and CPU offload, virtualizing data vs. copying, intelligent data archiving, cloud migration enablement and acceleration, and Modern Data Platform creation and population.
- Regularly scheduled weekly status meetings
- Working sessions with remote access or screenshare – very helpful when initially installing Gluent Data Platform
Data Exchange – options to choose from:
- Leverage secure, dedicated folder on Gluent’s Google drive
- Leverage other secure file share of choice (i.e. sftp, S3 bucket, etc.)
Predefined project plan which will be reviewed and refined.
- Complete prerequisite guide
- Preparatory tasks – streamline initial implementation and outline detailed test cases
- Benchmarking to get a baseline for environment
- Offload and Query testing
Documenting the queries to execute and tables to offload is critical to success.
Gluent provides several tools to help:
- Predefined runbook for offloading and testing queries
- Scripts to capture before and after query performance
- Scripts to capture the offload statistics
Information will be compiled and presented during final review.
At the end of the Gluent Data Platform pilot, the information captured will be translated into comparative graphs for review.
Key Metrics – detailed and summary
- Query pushdown effectiveness and performance
- Data offloaded
- Initial projections on:
- Total Cost of Ownership reductions
- Return on Investment
Pilot Process: Timeline
Run Advisor and Complete Pre-Reqs
Define Success Criteria
Project Kickoff Call
Final Results Presentation
A Word on Pilot Execution
The pilot has a few distinct phases…